Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration Cookbook: PDF Book



Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration Cookbook
Satya Shyam K Jayanty




In 2000, I started one of the first community-based SQL Server websites on the Internet. At first, I didn't have any forums on the website, because I knew I wouldn't have the extra time required to devote to answering questions, on top of all the time I was spending writing new content for the website. However, as the website became very popular, I finally added forums, hoping that I could find some DBAs in the SQL Server community who could help me answer questions. To my surprise, almost immediately one experienced DBA began answering questions on a daily basis, and ended up with over 5,000 posts the first year, and that DBA was Satya. I once asked him why he participated so much in the forums. And he told me that answering question was a great learning experience. So not only was he helping other DBAs by answering their questions, he was also learning more himself. This gives Satya a great insight into the minds of DBAs and the kinds of questions they may have, making him the perfect author for this book. As Satya began helping out in the SQL Server Community, all of his hard work was noticed by Microsoft and he was awarded the Microsoft SQL Server MVP award. In fact, he has been a SQL Server MVP for six years now, and he continues to help out in forums, speak at user groups and conferences, and he even maintains his own website.



Language: English
password: eng-xp-008-pdl

1 comment: